Monday, September 19, 2011

Before memory fades...


Raring to Reclaim?


Foot prints of association on the sands of space erased by the waves of time. This is what flashed in my mind when i thought of acquaintances and associations, friends and frolic. I might sound like an eternal critic searching for a sour grape in the salad. But again, i am unwilling to fool myself to fancy.

One thought on human relations that impacted me to a great extent is that we may not walk through this path again and may not meet the people the way we had intended to meet or talk. This leaves us with options limited. The answer is to act NOW.

I am learning that if i appreciate someone, i have to let them know that i really appreciate them ASAP. If i admire someone, to let them know that they are being admired. To do good to the possible extent, to care for those who touched my core and all the while with a sense of urgency and empathy. Advance the appreciation and postpone the potshot but always be genuine. Hasn’t Kabir said, “Kaal Kare So Aaj Kar, Aaj Kare So Ub, Pal Mein Pralaya Hoyegi, Bahuri Karoge Kub”. Moreover, procrastination steals the  moment of its relevancy.

One my professors at IIT left me with this profound thought which on paraphrasing – ‘ I always have this clock ticking away in the back of my mind, reminding me of the  countdown.’ With this he set off my alarm and it has not stopped bothering me since!


"We don't get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? And we've all chosen to do this with our lives. So it better be damn good. It better be worth it" - Steve Jobs

No comments: